Pupil premium arrangements
The pupil premium gives schools and academies extra funding to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils from reception to Year 11.
The students eligible for pupil premium funding include:
- Every child currently registered as eligible for free school meals
- Children who have been looked after for 6 months or longer
From April 2012, pupil premium funding was also extended to:
- All children eligible for free school meals at any point in the past 6 years
Schools and academies currently receive:
- £935 per pupil of secondary school age
- £1,900 per pupil for looked after children who: have been looked after for 1 day or more, are adopted or leave care under a Special Guardianship Order or a Residence Order
Evaluation of impact
As a vital element of our tracking to ensure that all students at The Crest Academy make excellent progress in their learning we will assess students five times during the year.
This assessment data will be analysed to ensure that the progress and achievement of all students is at least in line with national expectations and in many cases ahead of it. A part of this analysis will be to look at the progress of sub-cohorts of students such as those students on Free School Meals to ensure that their progress is in line with the whole student body.
For Free School Meals students where this is not the case, we will review our pupil premium funding to ensure that interventions are targeted at those students who require additional support in order to maximise their potential.