How to apply for a place
Applying for a place at The Crest Academy Sixth Form
- Read our course options booklet.
- Identify your favourite courses.
- Look at your current grades to identify your strongest subjects and the courses your grades enable you access.
- Complete the online application form (below) or email Mr Morgan or Mrs Jules to request a link to the form.
- You will be invited for an interview.
- At interview, your career aspirations will be discussed together with courses that suit your interests and your ability.
- If successful we will write to you with a conditional offer
- Within The Crest Academy Sixth Form there are 100 places.
- All students in year 11 are invited to apply to The Crest Academy Sixth Form. Applications from external candidates are welcome.
- Should students wish to appeal to be allowed to enter The Crest Academy Sixth Form, for example when they have not met the entry requirements, they can appeal to the Head Teacher or the Regional Education Director.
Waiting lists and appeals.
- Parents whose children have not been offered their preferred school will be informed of their right of appeal.
- Appeals are administered by the Local Authority for this academy. Parents who wish to appeal against the decision to refuse their child admission should contact the Children’s Information and Advice Service on: email@example.com to request an appeal form. Appeals will be heard by an independent panel.
- Children will also be added to the academy’s waiting list in accordance to the over-subscription criteria.
The Department for Education appeals code
For the DfE’s admissions appeals code click here.