For information on financial support available to students please click the link below
16-19 Tuition Fund Statemment
This statement outlines how The Crest Academy will use the 16-19 Tuition fund in line with ESFA guidance. Please click here for the full Government guidance. The additional funding is for the academic year 2020-2021 only and is being used to mitigate the disruption of learning arising from coronavirus (COVID-19).
What is the 16 – 19 Tuition Fund
The 16 – 19 Tuition Fund is one-off funding allocation for 20-21 academic year only. The fund is being provided to support learners to catch-up and close and gaps in their learning that may have been exacerbated by the COVID-19 lockdown. The fund will be used of small group tuition in English, Maths and vocational learning for 16 – 19 learners. This tuition will be in addition to the planned study programme hours.
How will The Crest Academy use this Fund?
The fund will be used for small group tuition in English, Maths and vocational learning for 16 – 19 learners. This tuition will be in addition to the planned study programme hours. Tuition groups will be compromised of up to five students and the tuition will be delivered online or through a blended learning model.
The Crest Academy will provide support learners in English, maths, and other courses where learning has been impacted. Learners the Crest Academy are prioritising include the following.
Maths and English catch-up support sessions will be prioritised for those:
- Learners who have not achieved a grade 4 in English and/or Maths.
- Learners with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), particularly where they have experienced additional disruption to learning because of their specific needs and disabilities.
- Who will benefit most from small group tuition.
Vocational support sessions including study skills support will be prioritised for the following learners:
- where assessment has been deferred because of lockdown.
- who have declared an additional learning support need.
- who are undertaking a study programme across all levels, but with a particular focus on those who have not achieved a grade 4 in maths and/or English.
What type of support will The Crest Academy provide?
- A learner support plan will be created which will outline the plan of support across the academic year. Through the review and creation of the plan we will determine what type of support will be provided as outlined below:
- Small group through a 1-2-1 or small group intervention.
- Academic skill development – focused on the development and refreshing of study skills so that students can more effectively engage with the curriculum content.
- Maths and/or English – targeted intervention to support students to fill gaps in their knowledge, practise their skills and reinforce learning from the curriculum.
These principles will govern the sessions:
- The sessions will be run by a subject specialist teacher or tutor.
- Each session will be clearly planned with a topic or exam activity in mind so that it is as productive and targeted as possible.
- Evidence will be kept of student attendance at the sessions and the progress they are making considering this support.