Academies are required by their funding agreements to comply with the Admissions Code and the law relating to admissions. The current Admission Code dated December 2014 is valid until 31 August 2021 and the new Admissions Code dated May 2021 is applicable from 1 September 2021.
The Published Admission Number (PAN) for Year 7 is 210 and Year 12 is 100.
Once every place is filled, places are allocated as per the oversubscription criteria on our admission arrangements for the relevant academic year.
Applications to our academy is administered by Brent Council. Please apply through eAdmissions for a place. For further information, about the admissions process, criteria and appeals, please visit Brent Admissions.
Information for applying to the sixth form is available here
Coronavirus (COVID-19): arrangements for School Admission Appeals
Due to Coronavirus (Covid-19), the Department for Education has extended the temporary regulations in place to make School Admission Appeals more flexible until 30 September 2021.
The key changes are:
• where face-to-face hearings cannot take place, hearings should be conducted by telephone or video conference
• if telephone or video conference is not possible, appeals can be carried out in writing
• appeals lodged as part of the main admissions round should be determined before the start of the September term, wherever possible
The changes mean:
• admission authorities will have sufficient time to deal with the annual peak in appeals for children due to start new schools at the beginning of September 2021
• parents will continue to have the right to appeal to any school which has refused their child a place
Summary of changes
The new regulations:
• disapply the requirement that appeals panels must be held in person and instead give flexibility for panel hearings to take place either in person, by telephone, video conference or through a paper-based appeal where all parties can make representations in writing
• relax the rules with regard to what happens if one of the 3 panel members withdraws (temporarily or permanently) to make it permissible for the panel to continue with and conclude the appeal as a panel of 2
• amend the deadlines relating to appeals for the time that the new regulations are in force
Further information for Parents
Appeals will not start being heard until after the relevant closing date has passed. Appeals lodged after these dates will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being lodged, whichever is the later date.
Further details on how to appeal and the timescales can be found here
Any queries about Admissions can be made, in the first instance, to our Admissions officer Mrs Indira Patel: CrestAdmissions@E-act.org.uk
The Department for Education appeals code
For the DfE’s admissions appeals code click here.