E-ACT is committed to ensuring equality of opportunity in line with the Equality Act 2010. E-ACT seeks to reduce disadvantages, discrimination and inequalities of opportunity, and promote diversity in terms of its students, workforce and the communities it serves. Unlawful discrimination and harassment of any member of the academy community is expressly prohibited, and E-ACT is committed to protecting all pupils/students/staff and prospective staff from unlawful discrimination and harassment.
We are committed to:
the need to eliminate discrimination, harassment and victimisation
advancing equality of opportunity between different groups
fostering good relations between different groups
The Crest is an inclusive school, where we focus on the well-being and progress of every student and where all members of our community are of equal worth.
We believe that the Equality Act provides a framework to support our commitment to valuing diversity, tackling discrimination, promoting equality and fostering good relationships between people. It also ensures that we continue to tackle issues of disadvantage and underachievement of different groups.
Our approach to equality is based on the following key principles:
1. All learners are of equal value.
2. We recognise and respect difference.
3. We foster positive attitudes and relationships and a shared sense of cohesion and belonging.
4. We observe good equalities practice in staff recruitment, retention and development.
5. We aim to reduce and remove inequalities and barriers that already exist.
6. We have the highest expectations of our children. We ensure that our pupils are exposed to and taught about all protected characteristics through our curriculum.