Safeguarding our students
THE CREST ACADEMY SAFEGUARDING STATEMENT 2017-2018
Safeguarding legislation and government guidance says that safeguarding means:
- Protecting children from maltreatment
- Preventing impairment of children’s health or development
- Ensuring that children are growing up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- Taking action to enable all children and young people to have the best outcomes
Safeguarding includes child protection, health care plans, health and safety, site security, safety on school trips, anti-bullying work and so much more.
The Crest Academy Child Protection Team consists of:
- Mrs Kim Brooker (Safeguarding Officer)
- Ms Vanessa McCrossen (Senior Vice Principal and Designated Safeguarding Lead)
- Mr Clive Coote (Director of Behaviour)
All staff receive annual Child Protection and Safeguarding update training and are aware of the procedures for passing on concerns within school. If any members of the school or local community have concerns about the welfare of a child in the school, please pass them on to the School Child Protection Team.
At Crest we use CPOMS to record all Safeguarding incidents and concerns. It enables all staff members to securely report incidents. The Safeguarding Team are immediately notified and able to respond quickly.
The following safeguarding documents outline the protocols and Safeguarding processes followed at the Academy:
- Safeguarding Policy
- Working Together to Safeguard Children 2015
- Keeping Children Safe in Education 2016